Favorite Website: Passports with Purpose
[singlepic=1598,400,,,right]Since launching Briefcase to Backpack, we have found that the travel blog community is a very supportive network. So it’s great to see travel bloggers come together to also support a great cause.
Passports with Purpose was founded in 2008 by four well-respected travel bloggers: Beth Whitman (Wanderlust and Lipstick), Debbie Dubrow (Delicious Baby), Michelle Duffy (WanderMom), and Pam Mandel (Nerd’s Eye View). Together with over 60 bloggers they represent the “Passports”.
So what’s the “Purpose”? Raising funds for American Assistance for Cambodia (AAfC), an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to improving opportunities for the youth and rural poor in Cambodia. The goal this year is to raise $13,000 to help build a school in rural Cambodia.
[singlepic=1593,200,,,right]In order to raise funds, the participating travel bloggers are hosting giveaways ranging from cameras, books, hotels, and gear. A highlight of items include:
- A Flip Ultra Video Camcorder (donated by Heather on her Travels)
- A Casio Exilim Digital Camera (donated By Anil Polat – Fox Nomad)
- [singlepic=1595,200,,,right]Five Nights at Los Suenos Resort in Costa Rica (donated by Ciao Bambino!)
- Two night stay at Monteleone Hotel in New Orleans (donated by Vera Marie Badertscher – A Travelers Library)
- A pair of Kuru shoes (donated by Donna Hull – My Itchy Travel Feet)
- A Kelty backpack (donated by Nomadic Matt)
- $100 Amazon gift card (donated by Shannon Hull Lane)
(For a complete list, visit Passports with Purpose – Donation)
For each $10 donation that you make to AAfC before December 21, you will be entered in the giveaway(s) of your choice. What a deal! Even if you don’t get the item of your choice, it’s a winning opportunity.
We love this idea and will be sure to participate in it next year. But that won’t stop us from shopping this year!