Win a trip to Mongolia or Peru
Even Career Break gurus need a sabbatical sometimes. Our very own Sherry Ott will be taking an unconventional sabbatical this summer as she and 3 other travel bloggers drive from London to Mongolia for the ultimate charity road trip. The trip will take them across 2 continents, 13 countries, and cover 10,000 miles; and they have already raised $4500 for charity.
Sherry will be leaving all of the preparation for Meet, Plan, Go! in the capable hands of her business partner, Michaela, and our 17 kick-ass hosts. We actually planned the Meet, Plan, Go! event this year around her career break ensuring she’d be back on US soil in time for the big event on October 18th (boy did she do a great job of negotiating her sabbatical!).
You can learn all about her big road trip plans at her team’s website – The Social Media Syndicate. But make sure that you read on below to learn how you can win your very own trip to Mongolia or Peru courtesy of Intrepid Travel!
Help us get to Mongolia and win an awesome trip for yourself!
Imagine trekking the Inca Trail, and walking through the Sun Gate to lay your eyes upon Machu Picchu. Or picture yourself riding a camel at sunset in the Gobi Desert to a ger camp. You get to choose between Peru’s Inca Wonders or Mongolia’s vast landscapes. You heard us right; we’re leaving the choice up to you!
As part of our fundraiser to get our car to Mongolia and donated to Adventures for Development, the Social Media Syndicate Mongol Rally Team and Intrepid Travel are holding a week long raffle to give one lucky supporter their very own epic adventure!
This epic adventure will only cost you a donation of $5.
The Rules are Simple.
– Donate $5 US to be automatically entered into the drawing. The more you give, the more chances you get.
– For every $5 that you donate, your name will be entered. Increase your odds of winning by donating $25 and you have 5 chances to win!
– The Rally Raffle is open* and runs from June 6th until Midnight PST on June 12th.
– The winner will be chosen in a random draw and announced the following week.
We estimate it will cost $4000USD in fuel charges to drive the 10,000 from London to Mongolia. Therefore all raffle proceeds will go to filling our tank with gas to get our car to Mongolia.
Intrepid Travel cares about the environment and will be donating our carbon offsets for the fuel of the car. Not only will you be helping us transport our car to a deserving community in Mongolia, you will be making up for our fuel consumption by offsetting our carbon emissions.
The Prize is Your Choice
When you win, you will get to choose from one of two incredible tours courtesy of Intrepid Travel.
Wild Mongolia – This 15 day trip in our final destination for the Mongol Rally is a trip to remember. Take in the sights of the country’s capital Ulaanbaatar before heading out for your great adventure. You will be staying in Ger Camps, hiking volcanos and enjoying Mongolian barbecues. Follow the footsteps of Genghis Kahn and take a camel ride into the desert sand dunes of Khogno Khan.
Inca Trail – This 8 day trip takes you through Peru. Starting in Lima you will spend the day exploring the historic centre of the city. It is then off to the charming city of Cuzco in the centre of the country. Explore the Sacred Valley and the ancient city of Ollantaytambo before beginning your trek on the famous Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. Voted as one of the new 7 World Wonders this is a trip you will never forget.
It’s only a $5 donation to win your own adventure and support an international charity event. Enter now and be sure to increase your odds by donating more than $5!
For that extra generous person who donates the most, we have a brand new pair of Nox Audio earbuds to give to you!
Enter here, fill in give your donation and contact information and you are on your way to exotic lands!
For High Resolution Images and download and Media for TheSocialMediaSyndicate check out our Media Page here!
* No Purchase necessary you can contact us to enter without a donation.
Winner of the Prize must answer a skill testing question.
1. The prize is for 1 person on one of the above tours with Intrepid Travel 2. The prize must be taken by 30/06/2012 No extension is available. 3. The prize is strictly not transferable. 4. The prize is not redeemable for cash or exchange. 5. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or special offers. 6. The prize is subject to availability. 7. Prize does not include airfare, does not include travel insurance, any additional meals, any additional accommodation, spending money or any travel visas required. 8. Please refer to the Booking Conditions at www.intrepidtravel.com for more information. 9. Trip must be booked through Intrepid Travel Canada 11. The trip must be a guaranteed departure before a prize-winner can be booked 12. There is a maximum 2 passengers on a discount of 50% or higher per trip